Where to Stay in Sanur Bali
Table of Contents
- 1 Where to Stay in Sanur Bali
- 2 Luxury 5 Star Hotels Sanur Bali
- 3 Mid-range Hotel Accommodation Sanur Bali
- 4 Cheap Accommodation Sanur Bali
- 4.1 Cheap Hotels Sanur
- 4.2 The Duck Inn Sanur
- 4.3 Summary Of The Duck Inn Sanur
- 4.4 Sanur House
- 4.5 Summary Of Sanur House
- 4.6 Semarandana Sanur
- 4.7 Summary Of Semarandana Sanur
- 4.8 Guest House Sanur
- 4.9 Sanur Guest House
- 4.10 Summary Of Sanur Guest House
- 4.11 Kembali Lagi Guest House
- 4.12 Summary Of Kembali Lagi Guest House
- 4.13 Nyaman Guest House
- 4.14 Summary Of Nyaman Guest House
- 5 Villas Sanur
- 5.1 Bali Emerald Villas
- 5.2 Summary For Bali Emerald Villas
- 5.3 Sudamala Suites and Villas Sanur
- 5.4 Summary Of Sudamala Suites and Villas Sanur
- 5.5 Villa Seriska Satu
- 5.6 Summary
- 5.7 Sanur Family Accommodation
- 5.8 Sanur Hotel Map
- 5.8.1 Fairmont Sanur Beach
- 5.8.2 Kamuela Sanur
- 5.8.3 Hyatt Regency Sanur
- 5.8.4 Prama Sanur Beach Hotel
- 5.8.5 Besakih Beach Hotel
- 5.8.6 Inna Sindu Beach
- 5.8.7 The Duck Inn
- 5.8.8 Sanur House
- 5.8.9 Semerandana
- 5.8.10 Sanur Guest House
- 5.8.11 Kembali Lagi
- 5.8.12 Nyaman Guest House
- 5.8.13 Bali Emerald Villas
- 5.8.14 Sudamala Suites & Villas
- 5.8.15 Sariska Satu
- 5.8.16 Tandjung Sari
- 5.8.17 Inna Sindhu Beach
- 5.8.18 Maison Aurelia
- 5.8.19 Mercure Resort
- 5.8.20 Ajanta Villa
- 5.8.21 Prime Plaza Suites
Planning a trip to Sanur Bali and haven’t decided where to stay? Sanur is one of the best places to stay in Bali. It’s one of the smaller, quieter towns and has many options for accommodation in Sanur.
We’ve been to Bali a ton of times over 20 odd years and Sanur quickly became our favourite in the past 5 years. In fact, we are planning to move to Bali in Sanur as expats within the next year or so as I mention here.
In this post, we’ll cover some of the best hotels Sanur along with other types of Sanur accommodation so you can decide the area where you want to stay in Sanur and the type of accommodation. Also, some Pros and Cons of the properties too.
We’ll include luxury accommodation through to cheap accommodation in Sanur.
Be sure and ask any questions below in the comments and we will help you further.
Bali Accommodation in Sanur
Once you start your research you may find there are two distinct areas and places to stay in Sanur. Locals and tourists alike talk about staying in either the southern end of Sanur or the northern end of Sanur.
Debates even take place on which area is the “best” in Sanur, North or South? Like most things in life it depends on your perspective, likes and dislikes and what you want from your next holiday or vacation in your search for the best hotels in Sanur Bali.
Then there is also the option of beachside Sanur or not. Beachside meaning the area between the By-pass Road and Sanur beach. You’ll find a concentration of Bali Villas on the western side of the By-pass should you require a villa in Sanur.
That said there are plenty of villas in Sanur on the eastern side and beachside of Sanur too.
Sanur Bali hotels are dotted along the coast of Sanur for that ultimate beach holiday. You will also find hotels along the three main Jalan’s (streets) Jl. Danau Tamblingam, Jl. Danau Poso, or Jl. Cemara.
Plus down the many Gang’s (alleys) you’ll also find a Sanur Bali Hotel or two, together with Villas, Guesthouses, Homestays and Hostels.
Most of the accommodation in Sanur and eateries in Sanur have free Wifi.
Luxury 5 Star Hotels Sanur Bali
Below is a selection of some of the best luxury 5-star hotels in Sanur.
A bonus is all rooms are luxury suites with a massive enclosed (with insect screens) outdoor balcony area and an equally impressive ensuite, complete with shower room, luxury bath, double vanity and private toilet.
Located at the southern end of Sanur right on the ocean, Fairmont Sanur Bali is a true beachfront hotel, resort and villa.
Summary Of Fairmont Sanur
You will love the beautiful gardens and water features set amongst four hectares right on the Sanur beachfront.
Children’s pool and a spectacular infinity swimming pool overlooking Pantai Sanur (Sanur beach). Large double sunbeds under the shady tree’s beachfront.
Day spa with luxury spa treatments often included in packages.
Great access to popular eateries and day spas within a short walk from Fairmont Sanur Bali.
High end 3-bedroom villas with private pools also available.
- One of the most expensive resorts in Sanur
Higher food and beverage prices than the surrounding eateries and bars
Couples and families who love high end luxury
- We stayed there last year; it was awesome. Great spot! Dave – N.S.W., Australia
- We stayed there a couple of years ago and loved it!!! We are going back in July to stay in a Villa. Sam – Victoria, Australia
- Amazing breakfast, beautiful place to stay and lots of good food around there too. Fiona – London, U.K.
- Beautiful views out to the garden, huge rooms and outside lounge area. Terrie, Queensland, Australia.
Private villas have 1-3 rooms with private plunge pools and kitchenettes featured outdoor together with a living area.
There is also a communal pool with sunbeds set in a charming peaceful area. The outdoor restaurant serves dishes from around the world is popular with guests and walk-in travellers too.
Summary Of Kamuela Sanur
Great for Couple
Close to the beach, eateries and shops
Showing signs of wear and tear
Some rooms are too dark
Couples looking for a little serenity and relaxation
- Good prices, an amazing restaurant at Kamuela Suites and Villas, Vanessa – W.A. Australia
- A little piece of Bali paradise! Debbie – Lower Hut, New Zealand
- The staff are fantastic! Narelle – Florida, U.S.A.
Hotel Hyatt Regency Sanur
The traditional style entry welcomes you to the resort as do the wonderful Balinese team at the Hyatt Sanur Bali.
A variety of rooms are available including clubs rooms and you won’t feel crowded even though there are 300 rooms in total.
Beautiful grounds and a large tropical pool overlooking the Sanur beachfront.
Summary Of Hotel Hyatt Regency Sanur
- Renovated rooms
- Pools and restaurants are all new
- Food is fabulous
- Deluxe club rooms are still small
- Rooms have a cheap quick facelift
- Sunday buffet is expensive
Couples and families alike as they have facilities with a kids swimming pool
- Breakfast is good. Pools are nice and great air conditioning in the rooms. Mary – South Australia
- Happy hour for club level guests is very nice, all the beer, wine and food you can eat. Mark – Brisbane, Australia
- Great customer service and warm friendly staff throughout the hotel. Grace – Ontario, Canada
Mid-range Hotel Accommodation Sanur Bali
Below you can read about the mid-range accommodation available in Sanur.
Prama Sanur Beach
Four restaurants, two with panoramic beach and ocean views.
Private villas are also available with large private pools and full-sized kitchens.
Summary Of Prama Sanur Beach
Serene Sanur beachfront location
Kid friendly with kid’s club
Villas available within the resort
Some rooms are a bit dated
Some reported cleaning issues
Families for the kids club and kids pool
- Excellent pool at Prama. George – Gold Coast, Australia
- Beautiful atmosphere at night at the Bamboo Bar. Joanne – Airlie Beach, Australia
- Prama has small rooms, poor wifi but they have the best breakfasts. Natasha – Melbourne, Australia
Besakih beach hotel
The Nirvana restaurant has seafood and European cuisine and a large selection of cafes and restaurant are a short stroll away.
The hotel has a large swimming pool and also a gym.
Summary Of Besakih Beach Hotel
- Great location both central and beachfront
- Lovely gardens
- Plenty of sun beds
- Rooms are clean but very dated
- Some classic bungalows were reported to be damp and mouldy
Couples who are looking for value for money at the lower end of mid-range accommodation in Sanur
- Friendly staff, great setting, good food and close to other eateries. Have stayed there 11 times and going back for a 12th! – Owen, Brisbane Australia.
- Excellent location, friendly staff and locals on the beach. Not 5 star but good enough for us! Scott – Manchester, U.K.
- Beach is at the back of the hotel, the pool is fantastic. The staff were amazing and more than happy to help answer any questions for us. We’ll be back! Justine – Victoria Australia.
inna sindhu beach hotel
The hotel accommodates families with several interconnecting rooms
Inna Sindhu also has a restaurant and bar for guests and many local eateries are within a short walk.
Summary Of Inna Sindhu Beach Hotel
- Loved for its location
- Excellent value for money
- Only 61 rooms so not overcrowded in the busy seasons
- Some reports of poor air conditioning in some rooms
- Renovated rooms a must the older ones needed a good clean
Families for the kids club and kids pool
- I like the breakfast and pool better than other mid-range hotels in the area. Carol – Sydney, Australia
- Location is perfect and the grounds are beautiful but the hotel itself is a little tired and rundown. Yvonne – Cairns, Australia
- Badly needs some work done on it, lovely staff tho. Shannon – Perth, Australia
Cheap Accommodation Sanur Bali
Cheap accommodation can vary in Bali and Sanur is no different.
You can choose from cheap hotels in Sanur, cheap resorts in Sanur, guest houses in Sanur, homestays in Sanur and even hostels in Sanur.
Cheap Hotels Sanur
Following is a selection of all categories of accommodation if you are looking for a cheaper place to stay in Sanur.
The Duck Inn Sanur
Only 10 rooms available and have enough amenities and facilities for a comfortable stay.
Popular with couples and solo travellers alike. Guests like the convenient location and clean rooms.
Summary Of The Duck Inn Sanur
- Great location
- Rooms are comfortable, clean and cosy
- Hosts are friendly and helpful
- Small pool
- Breakfast could be improved
Great for couples on a budget
- Fantastic place to stay on a budget. Very clean, and well catered for. Mark – Sydney, Australia.
- I loved that is so close to the Sanur night market and I could eat cheap freshly cooked food nightly with the locals. Sussan – Melbourne, Australia.
- Great rooms, nice pool. Just down from the Sindu markets for shopping. Quiet location and Balinese design. Sue – Rockhampton, Australia.
The property has a gym and swimming pool.
Continental breakfast served daily and eateries within walking distance.
Summary Of Sanur House
- Very peaceful with cool spacious rooms
- Tranquil pool area
- Comfortable beds and great showers
- Bathroom could do with a shower curtain
- Small continental breakfast
Couples found this place great to stay
- What a gem of a place, spotless, best bed and pillows I have had travelling in Bali for the past few weeks. Sonya – Byron Bay, Australia
- Gorgeous Boutique Hotel, so quiet and like a little oasis off the main street. Michelle – Brisbane, Australia.
- The garden is beautiful, the location is quiet and it’s a safe area. Close to the beach and restaurants. Highly recommend! Sam – Tokyo, Japan.
The Semarandana is tucked down a laneway so it’s nice and quiet and only a short walk to Sanur beach.
Ample but simple breakfast with the pancakes being a favourite.
Plenty of eateries and shopping nearby just a short walk away.
Summary Of Semarandana Sanur
- Beautiful property, clean, airconditioned rooms
- Great pool and breakfast
- Centrally located
- Studio rooms are a bit outdated
- Towels and bed linen are a bit grey with some stains
This property is best for couples
- Very quiet location but within easy reach of the whole of Sanur. Barry – South Australia
- Simple but very clean rooms & bed linen changed every day, good breakfast in the garden by the pool. Dave – Leicester, U.K.
- Location is spot on with a choice of so many restaurants just outside. We will be back! Scotty – Michigan, U.S.A.
Guest House Sanur
Following are a selection of the best Guest House Sanur.
Sanur Guest House
Private bathrooms, airconditioned and also has a swimming pool.
Good breakfast with a vegetarian option, many eateries around.
Walking distance to the beach and shops.
Summary Of Sanur Guest House
- Very good location near all the shops and places you need for a reasonable price
- You can try scuba diving and snorkelling in the pool here
- There are good communal areas and good wifi
- Could use a good clean
- Breakfast a bit hit and miss
Most popular with business travellers and couples
- A perfect location for people looking for a quiet neighbourhood, low prices and short walk to the beach. Ellen – Sydney, Australia
- For a budget room, this place is well maintained. Clean bedroom, clean linen and sheets. Sam – Miami, Florida
- Friendly staff, great service and facilities. Not too many rooms, which is perfect! Fannie – Singapore
Kembali Lagi Guest House
Easy walk to Hardy’s supermarket, shops and eateries. Short walk to Sanur beach and beachfront cafes and restaurants.
Well maintained and well appointed.
Summary Of Kembali Lagi Guest House
- Spacious rooms set around a beautiful garden with pool
- Some suites open right up to the pool
- Very friendly staff
- Only one breakfast table available so no real the place to enjoy slow breakfast
- Some issues getting the shower water to heat up
Popular for couples
- Close enough to the main road and beach to be able to walk there in a few minutes, but hidden away enough to be quiet and totally peaceful. Anne – Johannesburg, South Africa
- We loved the traditional coconut pancakes and the coffee was amazing! Colleen – South Australia
- Clean comfortable rooms, friendly helpful staff and a very generous breakfast included in the price. Brooke – Newcastle on Tyne, U.K.
Nyaman Guest House
Sun deck and terrace to relax.
Great selection of dining options within walking distance as is Sanur beach.
Summary Of Nyaman Guest House
- Rooms cleaned daily and the pool is perfect for a quick cool down
- Perfect location, friendly helpful staff and comfy beds
- Breakfast daily is delicious
- Adequate guest house but lacking some of the usual hotel facilities
- No tea/coffee making facilities
Most popular for couples although will accommodate families too.
- Staff are amazing and super helpful. Sandra – British Columbia, Canada
- The guest house is small and intimate with 5 rooms down and two rooms up. Frank – Mooloolaba – Australia
- Just about everything here is first class and given the price, this represents excellent value for money. Kevin – Perth, Australia
Villas are a popular choice if you want complete privacy and really want to live like a local in Sanur.
If you search you can find a stand-alone villa or a villa that is situated in a private gated community in one complex with full security maned around the clock.
We’ve stayed in both types, however, there have only been 3 or 4 villas in a complex. You could find a dozen or more within the same community and some villas that a part of a resort complex too.
Below you can read about the selection of popular private villa Sanur Bali.
Bali Emerald Villas
You have the choice of 1, 2, 3, or 4 bedroom villas in the complex and you have the best of both worlds at Emerald Villas Sanur as they offer room service, personal butler and 24-hour security.
Summary For Bali Emerald Villas
- Accommodates both families and couple
- Great for large groups wanting to stay in the same place
- Quiet with easy access to the beach, eateries and shopping
- Some villas have small gardens and barely any sun
- Some cleaning issues and older linen
- A large complex of 55 villas
Families and couples due to the variety of villas
- Great price, easy to get around, many great restaurants close by and fantastic staff. Peter – Newcastle, Australia.
- Traditional Balinese style open-plan living rooms, private pool, and individual bedrooms with a/c, ensuites and outdoor shower. These are the perfect accommodation for relaxing in privacy. Shona – Glasgow, UK.
- Kids loved the private pool in the middle of the yard. Villa also has a maid that comes in each day to do dishes, clean, make beds, etc. Althea – Brisbane, Australia
Sudamala Suites and Villas Sanur
Sudamala has a traditional layout, with spacious common spaces, including a lush tropical garden.
It also has a great swimming pool area, an outdoor yoga area, a day spa, an art gallery and a restaurant.
Beautifully furnished and decorated spacious rooms.
Summary Of Sudamala Suites and Villas Sanur
- Choose from standard rooms or private villas with pool
- Friendly attentive staff
- Peaceful serene tropical setting
- Dim lights in the bathroom
- The pool area has very few sunbeds to use
Couples are the most popular guests at this property
- Sudamala is located in the heart of Sanur but set up like a little retreat away from everything. Jo – Perth, Australia
- The therapists in the Day Spa are incredibly skilled at turning treatments into experiences, focusing on relaxation – look out for the special offers too! Karen – Bristol, UK.
- Love the zen feeling of the Sudamala villa The interior of the room, tropical plants, spacious and elegant bathroom. Also I like the short access to the swimming pool from the room. Clean and peacefulness spot directly on the front of the beach! Helen – Beacon Hill, Australia.
Villa Seriska Satu
Suitable for larger families and groups or even 2 couples sharing.
As you would expect, beautiful furnishings are throughout the villas.
The villas are close to everything the northern end of Sanur has to offer.
- Luxury 3 and 4 bedroom villas
- Staff go beyond expectations
- Freshly cooked breakfast and turn down service at night
- Mosquitos were a problem for some guests
- Low shower pressure (probably due to the pool being topped up)
Large groups, adult families and couples
- The villa is a couple of minutes walk through a small market to the beach. There are plenty of food options, and also very close to the main road for food options, shopping, etc. John – Melbourne, Australia
- Two families stay in Paradise for a week. It’s great to have the full fun of the villa and pool and the private chef even better! Janine – Cardiff, UK.
- This beautiful luxurious villa was perfect for my partner and I to relax and get away from it all. Highly recommend! Anne – Dublin, Ireland.
Sanur Family Accommodation
You’ll find some of the best Bali family resorts and hotels in Sanur. You’ll love this kid friendly beach at Sanur for its safety as the ocean is calm on this side of the Bali. This is due to the collection of Islands and reefs that sit just off the coastline and protect Sanur beach.
Below you’ll find a small selection of accommodation in Sanur for families.
|Name||Stars||Rating (/10)||Price (USD)||Book|
|Tandjung Sari Hotel||★★★★||9.5||$223||Book Now|
|Sindu Beach Hotel||★★★★||8.0||$64||Book Now|
|Maison Aurelia Sanur||★★★★||9.5||$76||Book Now|
|Fairmont Sanur Beach||★★★★★||9.1||$245||Book Now|
|Prama Sanur Beach||★★★★★||8.2||$73||Book Now|
|Bali Emerald Villas||★★★★★||9||$102||Book Now|
|Mercure Resort Sanur||★★★★||7.9||$110||Book Now|
|Ajanta Villa Sanur||★★★★||8.9||$200||Book Now|
|Prime Plaza Suites Sanur||★★★★||8.9||$123||Book Now|
Sanur Hotel Map
Below is a map of Sanur that shows you the location of the hotels mentioned in this article. You may have to click on the + or – button to view the Sanur Hotel Map for an overview of the location of the properties in its entirety.
You can always check out more information about Sanur here.
Fairmont Sanur Beach
Hyatt Regency Sanur
Prama Sanur Beach Hotel
Besakih Beach Hotel
Inna Sindu Beach
The Duck Inn
Sanur Guest House
Nyaman Guest House
Bali Emerald Villas
Sudamala Suites & Villas
Inna Sindhu Beach
Prime Plaza Suites
I hope this post has helped you choose the best accommodation in Sanur for you and remember if you have any comments or questions just leave them below.
Need more information about Sanur? You can find out more and plan your trip to Sanur here.